North West: Greater Manchester, Lancashire.
£18,000 - £22,000
Insurance Claims Handler - Lancashire - up to £22k per annum plus pension, twice yearly discretionary bonus, medical cash plan - Free parking nearby
An exciting opportunity to join an independent company providing building claims solutions on a nationwide basis - you will join a busy and vibrant claims handling team where you will manage your own case load of new and existing property claims.
As an Insurance Claims Handler you will:
- Answer incoming telephone calls and deal with incoming electronic instructions.
- Liaise with customers, clients, insurers via the telephone, email and in writing.
- Handle and resolve insurance related technical questions from clients.
- Monitor the progress of new and existing claims within strict deadlines.
- Assess claims in order to ascertain liability and make decisions either accepting or declining the claims within delegated authority levels.
- Handle and deal with appointments and management of third party suppliers such as building networks, drying/restoration suppliers and flooring suppliers.
- Excellent customer services skills within a telephone environment - Essential
- Be able to work within a targeted environment - Essential
- Diary management experience - Essential
- Experience of booking and arranging appointments - Essential
- Have Claims Handling experience working within the Insurance or Loss Adjusting Industry
- The ability to manage and prioritise own workload - Essential
- Experience of handling and dealing with challenging situations - Essential
- Experience of handling complaints - Essential
- Possess excellent empathy skills being able to handle customers who have had losses / damage to their homes via fire, flood & water impact
This is a full-time, permanent role working Monday to Friday between 8am-6pm - overtime will be available
Tel: 0113 244 0846 Mon to Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm.
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.