Head of Finance
Yorkshire: North Yorkshire.
£50,000 - £65,000
Head of Finance - North Yorkshire – up to £65k plus, car or car allowance (flexible), free car parking, staff discount, pension, healthcare, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
A very successful family retail business operating for over 100 years with over 2000 staff are now seeking an experienced Financial Controller or Head of Finance to join their North Yorkshire Head Office base where you will play a vital role within the business.
This is a key position where you will have full responsibility for managing the day to day operations of the Finance department whilst working closely with the Board of Directors. This is a brand new role within the business, it will also offer the opportunity to progress to board level.
As an experienced Head of Finance or Financial Controller your key responsibilities will be:
- Managing, motivating and supporting the existing finance team
- Working alongside the Finance Director and other members of the Board
- Reviewing existing processes and reallocating responsibilities where required to improve efficiencies
- To take the lead in all aspects of finance
- Ensuring existing financial systems implemented are robust and fully compliant
- Developing existing financial policies and procedures
- Ensuring stock control processes is managed effectively improving reporting timescales
- Preparing forecasts and managing the budget process
- Reviewing and maintaining cash flow forecasts
- Co-ordinating, analysing and reporting financial performance
- Liaising with auditors ensuring year-end audit processes runs smoothly
As an experienced Head of Finance / Financial Controller you will have/be:
- Experience working as a Financial Controller, Head of Finance, or at a similar level ideally within the Retail Sector
- Stock control, budgeting experience
- Excellent strong management skills with proven experience of change implementation within challenging working practices and processes
- Good interpersonal skills with an inspiring approach to leading a team
- Possess strong work ethics and company values
- Experience of and be comfortable working closely with Board level ideally within a family run business
- Working with Excel is essential
- Industry qualified (ACA, ACCA CIMA or equivalent) depending on experience and background
This is a full-time, permanent role – working hours are 9.00am – 5.30pm with an hour for lunch.
Tel: 0113 244 0846 Mon to Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm.
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.