Chartered Building Surveyor
West Midlands: Hereford, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, West Midlands, Worcestershire, East Midlands: Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire.
£45,000 - £50,000
Chartered Building Surveyor - Insurance Claims - Midlands region - up to £50k per annum plus Car
An established leading UK Insurance claims handling specialist who handle claims across a variety of sectors, and are extremely technology driven are now seeking an experienced Chartered Building Surveyor to work in a technical role supporting and developing the property and large loss adjusting teams.
You will provide expert advice and guidance on complex building issues arising from all major perils including fire, flood, escape of water and impact to all types of domestic and commercial buildings up to and in excess of £100k. This is an exciting opportunity for any Building Surveying Specialist to join an organisation who have successfully grown year on year.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance on complex building issues arising from losses referred to you by the Adjuster Teams and Third Party Adjusters
- Project manage losses through to completion
- Scheduling work, prepare tender documentation and manage tender processes
- Regularly deal with losses in excess of £100k
- Work as part of a home-based UK team
- Be responsible for your own portfolio of work
- Work will involve repairs caused by all major perils, mainly fire, flood, eow and impact on all types of domestic and commercial property
- Act as a building construction technical referral point for the Adjusting team
- Manage own caseload of high value/complex property repairs, including site visits and assessment to establish extent and value of damage and repairs
- Provide support to interview adjusters and assist with scope reviews, structural engineers report/reviews/queries, tenders, joint site visits, project management
- Empathise and engage with customers
- Remain customer and client focused at all times
Experience and Qualifications:
- Extensive construction knowledge related to repair of a wide range of buildings - essential
- Technical and Building pathology knowledge is required
- Extensive and demonstrable property claims insurance experience is an advantage
- A good level of construction industry experience/knowledge
- Technical understanding of the construction of buildings
- Report writing to a high standard
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- MRICS desirable, Associate RICS considered depending on experience
- Full clean driving licence - essential
Tel: 0782 111 9773
Adjusting Appointments Limited
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.