Escape of Water Claims Handler
South East: Kent.
£20,000 - £23,000
A subsidiary of a large UK Insurer seeks to employ an escape of water specialist for their in house claims team. You will handle the full life-cycle and act as the primary customer contact in managing a portfolio of Escape of Water claims.
Your role will include but not be limited to;-
- Advising policyholders on general queries and insurance claims issues for relevant or related peril
- Building policyholder confidence by developing rapport and listening to each and every policyholder specifically
- Checking that the policy covers the claims
- Taking a methodical approach to each claim and working through the processes with each policy holder
- Requesting and gathering documents and information from customers such as receipts, photographs or accident reports
- Arranging for payment to be made within authority levels
- Managing a portfolio of claims through prioritising by individual circumstances from set up to settlement
- Liaising between internal teams, third party suppliers and policy holders, ensuring that all are updated to ensure the smooth and timely progression of claims
- Performance of basic fraud checks, and escalating any fraud alerts or suspicious circumstances to the Counter Fraud team
- Managing multiple activities by prioritising important and urgent tasks whilst maintaining the focus on the policyholder
- Negotiating settlement of claims both verbally and in writing
- Assisting with overflow calls during peak times where necessary
- Constantly seeking improvements in how they deliver excellent customer service
- Ensuring that SLA's and KPI's are met and maintained consistently
- To undertake any individual or team task or activity reasonably requested and in line with the company values.
In terms of your experience:
- You will hold Secondary education with qualifications in Maths and English, and you must be numerate.
- Experience of working in an insurance claims handling role is essential, whether from the repairs or the claims side.
- Ideally will have knowledge of the building repair process from drying through to completion, or good knowledge of the escape of water peril.
- Tact and assertiveness when dealing with customers who may be distressed or angry
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary.
- Good spoken and written communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- PC literate with good administrative skills.
- You will be helpful with a passion for customer service.,
- Drive and enthusiasm for meeting targets
- Empathy and understanding with confidence and a professional attitude.
Tel: 0113 244 0846 Mon to Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm.
Thank you, your application has been sent.
Would you like to receive information about similar jobs?
Set up email alerts now! It's FREE!
Please complete all required fields and/or tick all boxes accordingly.